Sunday 29 May 2011

Evolution Festival

Yesterday was day one of the Evolution Festival in Newcastle. I went for The Kills and headliners Iggy and the Stooges but the rest of the line up was pretty awful. I waited at the main stage from about 12.30pm with the most annoying crowd in the world (who were waiting for Two Door Cinema Club) to be at the front for Iggy. The Kills were amazing but Alison Mosshart looked extremely pissed off as I was literally the only person singing along, all the children around me were just stood chatting amongst themselves. Thankfully most of them left after Two Door Cinema Club.
When Iggy bounded onto the stage, arms flailing about the crowd definately livened up! The Stooges played for over an hour, songs included No Fun, Raw Power and I Wanna Be Your Dog. It was a crazy gig, my sister lost a shoe, I was on the floor and trampled all over, crowdsurfed three times and my dad managed to fall under the stage haha! Quite eventful! Although I do not recommend this festival as it was a very young audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment